The agriculture sector plays an integral role in the economic development of the State. The State of Osun is widely known for its agriculture industry.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security is saddled with the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Implement government policies regarding agriculture.
- Improve the cash and food crops potentials in the State.
- Facilitate loans and grants for farmers in the State.
- Provide fertilizers and other farm inputs at subsidised rates.
- Improve livestock and poultry potentials in the State
Mr Wale Adedoyin is the Commissioner while Mr Sunday Soladoye Odediran is the Permanent Secretary.