The Ministry is responsible for the general environmental and sanitation activities in the State. The environmentally friendly nature of a State is due to the activities of this key Ministry.
Some of its responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prosecuting offenders who disobey government sanitation policies.
- Continuously working with Osun Waste Management Agency to enforce environmental sanitation policies.
- Maintain and beautify the State forest reserves.
- Raise revenue for the State.
- Beautification of the State, campaign aimed at tree planting and sensitizing and mobilizing citizens on positive environmental behaviours.
Prof. Bukola Oyawoye is the Commissioner while Mr Olamide Olusegun Olorunsogo is the Permanent Secretary